A to Z Challenge...
ABC's of My Life~
...yes, I received a response from my former English teacher Mrs. Stoner who nurtured and tended to my inscriptions like that of a stained glass pane; the window to my fragile breakable soul.
You can only imagine the giddiness erupting inside upon opening the mail box and catching a glimpse of the recognizable handwriting; I was once more fifteen years of age. The quiet unassuming schoolgirl who with the hushed gestures lay the non-descript folder upon her desk with a silent prayer of acceptance and approval.
A day, or perhaps two or three would pass until the file was placed upon my school table as I felt the unpretentious embrace that only comforting language can deliver. Once again, I experienced that grip as I circumspectly opened the correspondence and scanned the language.
The communication has become committed to memory within a twelve hour span as the love of my writing has been validated and confirmed. I proceed forward with a bounce in my gait and a beacon in my heart as the past is tethered to the present.
By Dr. Carl Sagan





0 Yorumlar