Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Late War British Company in 15mm

Well I still "owe" you folks at least two Historicon posts, but I've been busy painting and I wanted to show off my latest effort.

For  Normandy breakout games and the "Garden" or ground phase of Operation Market Garden I built up a Late War British Company in 15mm. To do this I purchased essentially one of each pack of Peter Pig Late War British Infantry and then mixed in a Platoon of Battlefront Guard Infantry. I also threw in some Mid War British Battlefront miniatures as well. For the Hells Highway games I need a unit to represent either the 3rd Irish Guards, or the 2nd Devons.  For playing "I Ain't Been Shot Mum" this means quite a variety of Big Men need to be represented since the quality of the units is different. The Irish Guards Company needs a Level 4 Big Man and 3 Level 3's. The 2nd Devons "Swedebashers" needs a Level 3 and 3 Level 2's.

To represent these Big Men I nicked an idea from the interweb and based 2,3, or 4 figures on l 1/4" round washers. It gives a fun way to create a little vignette and use some Radiomen figures. There are also two Level 1 Big Men on 20mm washers (slightly more heroic than my standard 15mm washer).

The Platoons are made up of 3 8 Man Sections, I opted to use a Medium size Flames of War base for the Rifle Section and a Small Flames of War sized base for the 3 Man Bren Team. This is not mandatory for I Ain't Been Shot Mum, but it's is more historically accurate and should be useful for Chain of Command games if I use casualty caps. Each Platoon also has a 2" Mortar team and a PIAT team basead on 1" round washers.

If you're planning to build a Late War Company I do recommend mixing Peter Pig and Battlefront in the manner I did, I think it turned out well. The kit, particularly the backpacks on the Battlefront minis is much smaller and not as realistic, but it's not that noticeable in 15mm and this gives you a lot more poses. The Guards Platoon figures have a nice array of shovels and pickaxes as well.

The flocking is very basic and I might add to it later with some longer grass tufts and clump foliage.

Please pardon the "In Tray" photos.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar